Infrared Saunas-The Benefits and Features
Most people have been in a steam sauna at some point in their lives, either at a hotel or a gym but infrared saunas are different, there’s no steam!
Infrared saunas are just comfortable thermal heat but it’s heat that is MORE effective than steam for health benefits including improved circulation and weight loss. Read on to find out why below…
How Does Infrared Heat Work?
Infrared waves travel deep into in the human body as gentle, warming heat, just as the infrared waves warm us gently from the sun (not the harmful UV rays).
In an infrared sauna, build up to spending 30-45 minutes per session which is quite achievable, can really achieve some great health benefits-see below…
Infrared sauna benefits:
- Led light therapy from infrared saunas penetrates upto 6 cms in the body, this gently heats cells and muscles from the inside out rather than the usual steam saunas that heat from the outside in,
- Infrared saunas improve blood circulation and oxygen delivery to cells which can ease back pain and sciatica pain in minutes,
- Fir saunas also encourage cells when they’re warmed up to release lactic acid and other impurities from pollution such as mercury and lead
- Infrared saunas stimulate the body’s lymph and drainage system to drain more effectively,
- Infrared saunas cause the body to sweat quickly and the cardiovascular system gets a good workout which stimulates weight loss
- Skin is rejuvenated and cleansed of impurities becoming radiant
- Infrared light for pain relief helps to improve muscle and nerve knots with improved circulation
- There are also many stress relief benefits and relaxation benefits attached to infrared saunas, not least being able to ‘hide’ from the world for 30 minutes!
In fact, weight loss through sitting is no mean feat, studies have equalled the weight loss results to a 30 minute workout at the gym.
If space (or money) is lacking, there are also portable infrared sauna options available and even infrared sauna slimming blankets!
BTW-energy consumption is surprisingly small for infrared saunas and most infrared saunas don’t need any extra wiring, it’s worth checking it out when you order though.
(Please note-Before embarking on any light therapy it is advisable to consult with a medical professional about your condition. Sufferers with skin allergies, eye problems or that are on medications may find that light therapy or infrared light may cause an adverse reaction. If you are in any doubt whatsoever consult a suitably qualified medical practitioner before using any type of light or heat therapy.)